Project 1999

General discussion open to the public

Project 1999

Postby Steven » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:57 pm

Melinda and I have started playing old-school EQ on an emulator: Project 1999

Just follow the instructions here to get started.

You can find us online as Auena and Bumamgar (big surprise there).

It's a pretty active server with ~500 players online in the evenings.

It's a classic 'progression' server that is currently old world + PoHate/PoFear and the Temple of Sol Ro.

The plan is to release Kunark sometime this fall, and then Velious ~ a year later (ie: mirroring the live release schedule for those expansions). Currently the plan is to stop at Velious, although that may change over the next year and a half if the server stays popular etc.

Auena and I just started a few days ago, and are only ~6th level, so if you join now you don't have far to catch up.

Oh, another cool thing is that they don't allow boxing at all. We had to apply for a special exception to be allowed to both play from the same IP. So when there are 500 characters online, it means there are 500 players online. All classes are in pretty high demand. Oh, and unlike ProjectEQ or other eqemu servers, they really have done a good job recreating classic EQ zones/mobs/quests. The devs are very active and will fix any quests / spawns etc that you discover aren't working as they should be.

The server has been live since last October, although it did have a two-week downtime earlier this month due to moving to a new datacenter, it's otherwise been very reliable and has a good reputation. Right now it's lag free and running very smoothly.

Of course, there's already a bit of guild-drama, with the current top-end guild 'Inglourious Basterds' owning Hate/Fear and causing other guilds to rage against spawn camping etc. Very much classic EQ all the way :)

Anyway, we've been having a bunch of fun leveling up old-school, and are eagerly looking forward to doing some of our favorite quests and old-school raid content. Look us up if you are interested!
Steven
Site Admin

Postby Lujan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:22 pm

I am in, downloading now, and I will remake the bard most likely.
Lujan

Postby Steven » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:14 pm

UI files for Titanium Client... I haven't gone in and removed everything, so you'll have 9 spell gems instead of 8, and it has room for 25 buff slots, etc... But they work :)

Later I'll go in and strip out the stuff that isn't useful for this server.
Attachments
melee.zip
Melee UI
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 750 times
caster.zip
Caster UI
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 771 times
Steven
Site Admin

Postby Steven » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Wrathful Inquisition site is back!
Steven